The Global Warming Megathread

Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?

• Absolutely, unequivocally.
    • Maybe, i need more evidence
    • Not at all, it's all made up!
    • Whats global warming?

Not really. In this case, it is impossible to be 100% certain, but the evidence certainly points to Dellingpole being wrong. Maybe, the two contributors understand more about uncertainty than you.

In any case, you did very well to watch a five minute vid clip and write a comment about it in less than four minutes. Does Dellingpole have anything to say about the non-linear nature of time?

Does he have anything to say about the non-linearity whatsoever?

The interactions between Man, the sun,the atmosphere, the oceans, the biomass and all the other inputs into the model that is the 'Climate' are all non-linear.

Not really. In this case, it is impossible to be 100% certain, but the evidence certainly points to Dellingpole being wrong. Maybe, the two contributors understand more about uncertainty than you.

In any case, you did very well to watch a five minute vid clip and write a comment about it in less than four minutes. Does Dellingpole have anything to say about the non-linear nature of time?

:hihi:

It was fairly boring though. Maybe 4 minutes was enough to get the jist and form an opinion. I lost interest at around the 2 minute mark when I saw how messy the guy's office was. Can't stand slovenliness.

Watch this
failing to answer a simple question.

Then you will know why he is very likely to be wrong.

His understanding of science and of the naturre of science is flawed to say the least.

Sir Paul Nurse is a Nobel Laureate in medicine, he is a Fellow of the Royal Society, I believe he was President of the Royal Society, he is an expert Geneticist.

He pulled the consensus trick on Dellingpole re cancer treatment, a field in which Nurse is expert.

He didn't tell Dellingpole that the consensus amongst clinicians treating Dellingpole's hypothetical cancer would have been based on repeatable and repeated studies and trials, he didn't Dellingpole that the drugs/treatment protocols would have been tested in double-blind studies.

Due to the co2 emissions, there will be World wide floods and by the year 2020 the sea levels will have risen by seven metres, after that if the co2 isn't reduced, by the year 3000 the sea will have risen by 175 metres. Surely, this is a job for the United Nations and a very urgent one at that, if civilisation is to survive

I have read some inaccurate nonsense in my time, but this beats all. By 2020, the sea will have risen (if at all, as there is NO global warming measurable) by 7 MILLIMETRES, not metres!

Pu-lease!

In years to come, people will look back and wonder what sort of illogical panic overwhelmed so many people - just as we lo0ok back 400 years and wonder what all that stuff about witchcraft was about?

Let's PLEASE have some sense about this......

• 4 years later...

I am puzzeled by all the hype and excitement around this global warming thing.

I understand that the physics of why it will (may/will not) take place is complex so let's just assume that the temperature will rise by as much as the most extreme case the IPCC puts out.

Can anybody describe, in their own words, what they think is the single most scary aspect that will hapen due to this temperature rise?

Then describe the mechanism which will do it. Support this with a link to some science please or some such.

Then explain why it will be more costly than any local council spends of traffic lights to get around. Excluding councils around the world that don't have any traffic lights.

The single scary thing needs to do all these things.