The Global Warming Megathread

Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?

• Absolutely, unequivocally.
    • Maybe, i need more evidence
    • Not at all, it's all made up!
    • Whats global warming?

• 1 year later...

Just two question to ask here, where is the UK in the list of high polluters, if the  UK ended every emission it makes, what difference would it make if those on the list just chose to carry on regardless.

YFzrskR.png

Angel1

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

49 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Just two question to ask here, where is the UK in the list of high polluters, if the  UK ended every emission it makes, what difference would it make if those on the list just chose to carry on regardless.

YFzrskR.png

Angel1

None but we could then point the finger at the rest of them

A BBC report the other morning stated that both India & China's emissions have increased this year & that China is increasing its use of coal & building more coal fired power stations. 

Add to them Australia's vast mining industry, where they will even clear indigenous people from the land to get the coal out. 

Overall the UK is already pretty much down the bottom end of polluters but we could still improve. 

Edited by Baron99

On 29/11/2019 at 15:25, Baron99 said:

A BBC report the other morning stated that both India & China's emissions have increased this year & that China is increasing its use of coal & building more coal fired power stations. 

Overall the UK is already pretty much down the bottom end of polluters but we could still improve. 

The UK is only at the bottom of polluters because much of our manufactured goods are made overseas.

If a countries GDP goes up, its carbon footprint should also go up. If my income goes up, that allows me to fly to Australia or the USA. If my income goes down, I am unable to drive my 4+4 and instead use public transport.

Which is why the rich are against carbon taxes. It would hit them in their wallet.

No matter where our goods are made, it does not alter the fact we are well down the polluters list. Striving to lower it more and more will only effect quality of life in the end, it has to it's just common sense.  At seventy it will not alter my life in any way, but I wonder how many of these hard working young people would be fine if a law was passed restricting their three holidays a year in Spain to one. Another law is passed ENDING the use of petrol and diesel cars, making full electric cars mandatory even if they would be too expensive for many.  Planes and cars just cannot be uninvented.

Angel1.

On the wireless this lunch timeish, a clown of the highest order of clowns was actually given air time to spout this rubbish. The only way to stop global warming is to, "end the use of cars, basically stop flying and go onto a vegetarian diet" not in my lifetime buddy.

Angel1.