Page Hall - Hell hole neighbourhood?

Some clarification of the term 'Slovakian' is needed here. I will wager that these new immigrants are not ethnic Slovaks at all, but are Slovakian gypsies (Roma). As in the case of Czech gypsies, Slovakian gypsies are generally detested by the majority population in Slovakia.

One of the side-effects of EU enlargement in 2004 is that it gave the Czech and Slovak Roma the right to get on a coach or train (no, they don't live in caravans) and travel to, and settle in the UK's vibrant multicultural society, with no let or hindrance.

never exactly been the nicest or safest area of sheffield .

No it hasn't, but the Slovakians have done the impossible... and made the area even worse :D

For those of you who think the Pakistani community in Page Hall don't want to integrate, you'd probably be shocked at what the Slovakians get up to :o

I was cycling along the S4 back streets on my way upto the NGH recently, when three Slovakians just pulled out their todgers and started urinating on the pavement in broad daylight...

The Star article mentions their anti-social behaviour including late-night parties and racing of cars up and down the street. For once the Star isn't exaggerating... I'm afraid to say it's all true as I've witnessed it. And when you explain to them that their behaviour is uncivilised... they shrug their shoulders and try the 'me no speaking no english' act.

My sympathies with the unfortunate natives who live there :help: Still, as long as the Slovakians stay there and don't spread further across the city, the rest of us should be OK.

One of the side-effects of EU enlargement in 2004 is that it gave the Czech and Slovak Roma the right to get on a coach or train (no, they don't live in caravans) and travel to, and settle in the UK's vibrant multicultural society, with no let or hindrance.

...which has been very beneficial to the economy, as they can be employed at a much cheaper cost than locals.

Sadly, the rest of society suffers :(

Some clarification of the term 'Slovakian' is needed here. I will wager that these new immigrants are not ethnic Slovaks at all, but are Slovakian gypsies (Roma). As in the case of Czech gypsies, Slovakian gypsies are generally detested by the majority population in Slovakia.

Very true Lord C. Traditionally the Czech gypsies are not tolerated over there and are hounded out of town as soon as the first caravan stops. It's not a case of 'We're racist and don't like gypsies', it's a case of they know exactly what problems these people cause and aren't bothered about being un-PC.

All the EU enlargement has done is allow the Slovakian Roma to spread their wings to a country which gives gypsies minority status and is unable to tell them to sling their hook because of governmental directives stating that people must accept them regardless of how disruptive, antisocial or lawless they are.

Welcome to modern Britain - Where common sense is hampered by legislation, Political correctness and a liberal agenda.

Archived