The Bowery, Devonshire Street, Sheffield..

deano_dq

nice place, went on tuesday pretty quiet - but over £8 for a bottle of some kind of beer and a glass of wine!!! only then did we notice the cocktail special offer - oh well. think the white fridge looks like an after-thought - in terms of aesthetic/styling. will go again though. oh, and i had trainers on!

ASST MOD Note-

If you would like to discuss the clothes shop above, then please start a new thread. It does not relate directly to The Bowery.

You have been asked to open a new thread relating directly to the clothes shop, this thread is clearly about the bar. Because it shares a building doesn't mean it needs to share a thread on the forum, it will just add confusion.

Hey Guys,

James O'Hara here, i'm one of the co-owners of The Bowery,

thanks for all the comments good and bad,

One thing i think needs clarifying however is the presumption that because we have doorstaff we must in turn have a strict door policy, it appears that people have been misinformed or are speaking in generalitys about other dress-code policied venues and everyone has got a little carried away and aimed their disgruntlement at The Bowery.

we do not have a dress code.

We have never turned anyone away for wearing trainers.

If you read back there is actually not one person who has been turned away for wearing trainers so that particular gripe seems to have snowballed from nowhere!

as Brianthedog said:

"On principle, i refuse to go anywhere in sheffield which has a dress code"

i have to say i completely agree.

Nice to see the comments about the Food, Its all sourced from local companys and we plan on changing the menu seasonally to keep it all fresh.

Nice to see people enjoying the Music too, we're trying to keep it varied so there's quite a variety from day to day.

check out the latest news and listings on The Bowery Facebook page:

I applaud the guys behind this venture for having a go, but the place could not be situated in a worse location.

Every bar that has tried to be "selective" and "upmarket" has failed because, frankly, there arn't that many of the kind of customer they think they want in Sheffield, especially in town.

Yep. You can lead a thirsty horse to water but you can't make it drink. Any decent bar is wasted on the West Street crowd.

I applaud the guys behind this venture for having a go, but the place could not be situated in a worse location.

Yep. You can lead a thirsty horse to water but you can't make it drink. Any decent bar is wasted on the West Street crowd.

Quick, lets move to Leeds... :loopy:

I hate this forum...

wheres the best locatation? :confused:

Hey Guys,

James O'Hara here, i'm one of the co-owners of The Bowery,

we do not have a dress code.

We have never turned anyone away for wearing trainers.

James, I will keep a copy of this in my pocket for when i show up in my trainers and hoody!

Should a moderator who's also a landlord be posting things about a venue's doormen/entry policy? Seems a bit unnecessarily inflammatory to me..

Anyway, I can't understand why one minute people are saying 'ooh where it is it must be full of chavs' followed by 'ooh you can't wear trainers it must be snotty'... Make your minds up...

It's a nice bar, good service, good music, the owners are nice guys, the clothes shop above it is good...

Actually go, you might like it..