The Bowery, Devonshire Street, Sheffield..

deano_dq

No surprises there then. Why oh why would you put it there? Why, why, why?

Oh well...best get on with another batch of home made advocaat then. ;)

I agree and think it;s hard to try something different when that area caters for that type. Places up the road are better, like the Ivory etc....perhaps they should've put it there. I hope it does well and will be going at some point but my initial view was 'oh dear, same as the rest'..

It is on almost all city centre licensed venues, that they must employ door staff. Im sure they too would rather save the £15 an hr they cost!

But the doormen don't seem to stop the idiots getting in, they just make sure they're well dressed idiots.

I have to say, having door staff can almost give the wrong impression. The Old House, which I'm currently quite enjoying and has tempted me deeper into town than I've been for sometime, albeit only during the week has them and it seems incongruous with the atmosphere and almost a slight to the really nice crowd that's been there when I have. Of course if it's a condition of their licence that's another matter.

I like this new bar the sofas are dead comfy, perhaps some table service on the quieter nights would be good and some drink offers, but on the Doorman note i would rather go in a bar thats prepared to pay for some decent security, after some of the dodgy scroatie characters that hang around the corners of west street and there abouts they seem to double in number when the new students arrive.

You have a problem with anywhere that doesnt host drag acts. They're always too posh for you- maybe take an inward look?

I dont know why you think I will only go to places with drag acts - it was just an honest critical review of the bar sen for the first time.

... But as it happens, Affinity was very good last night for the Tia Tuesday and her miming act was very good !