Tokyou - New Noodle bar

I went this afternoon with my boyfriend and was very impressed. We didn't have too long on the meter for the car but wanted a snack so we decided to try something different and popped in. We both had ramen noodle soup (veg for me and chicken for my bloke) and the portions were HUGE!! I felt really bad as we just did not have time to finish before we had to get back to the car! The food was lovely, tasted good, filling and so cheap - 2 huge portions of soup and a big glass of water came to £6.40. Now, when I say soup this wasn't like soup I had before, it was like a huge bowl piled high with fresh veggies, tofu and noodles, with plenty of soupyness too.

We both really enjoyed it and will defo be going back soon. I felt rude as we did not stay too long, just ate some paid and left, so I would definitely like to go back and stay a bit longer next time. I hope the staff didnt think us too rude.

The staff were very polite and friendly and answered my allergy related queries.

Good service, cheap and quick.

It was pretty quiet when we went in, 3 other occupied tables, I hope that the location doesn't stop this place taking off as it is nice to have a cheap decent option in the city centre as my old favourite has gone way downhill (bluemoon - it has become overpriced and the service is poor)

I will def go back to tokyou, hope it doesn't close due to where it is, it isn't the nicest part of town.

Does anyone have the opening times? I may go early evening next week if theyre open.

Give it a try though, we enjoyed it.:thumbsup:

Has anyone else been to this fantastic new restaurant at Castle Square?

Food is fantastic and really cheap - half the price (at least) of Wagamama. The staff are really friendly and it's much needed in that part of town. It's where that old cafe used to be with the horrible pictures of chips and beans outside (opposite TJ Hughes).

Tsingtao beer is only £1.60 a bottle too.

Apparently there is one in Liverpool which is always packed. I hope they do well.

Brilliant I love this restaurant really good value and the set meals are very fillimg mmmmm:love:

I would also recommend this place. Went there yesterday. Had 2 starters, 2 wok fried rice dishes, 2 Tsingtao beers and a glass of wine all for £15! Food was good and portion sizes are huge. Unfortunately there were only a couple of other tables occupied when we arrived and this was very much the case when we left as well - at this rate I wonder how long they'll remain open.

Archived