Tokyou - New Noodle bar

omg this place is amazing!!!!!

i am filled to the brim and will not be having any tea today!!!

we had 2 beers,my other half had shezhaun vermelli noodles and i went for the crispy prawn dish from the set menu bit...mine consisted of...chicken and veg soup,chicken and potatoes,a salad,chilli dip,a HUGE portion of rice with chillis,garlic etc and the prawns...well what can i say...there were EIGHT huge king prawn butterflys on top!!!and then oranges to finish!!!!

it came to only £11.60!!!!!!!!!!!

the set dish i got was sooooooo worth it as there were 6 different things on my tray and i couldnt eat it all!!!!

i will smell of garlic for a week but oh well!!!!

the food is fab!!!

Was also there today, i had chicken satay noodles, and bf went for the seafood set meal - as above, also thought it was amazing, masses of yummy food! Nice place too, it wasn't empty when we were there, but only another 2 tables at any one time, maybe only one. But we were in after 2.30...

Definately will be going back, methinks...

Went for the first time this lunch too and thought it was good. It seems there's still %20 off all food. We had green tea which is free, some squid and a pork noodle dish. It was around £7 for lunch for two which does make you want to walk up to Mcdonalds and shout "what the hell are you doing here!". Hope it survives.

(Only trouble was, I got back to the car and had to pay £7.20!!! This was for 2 1/2 hrs parking in the Odeon car park. I went to Castle Market to get some well priced meat and veg, cheap lunch at the noodle place, then it was all wiped out by a ridiculous charge.)

• 2 weeks later...

i went for tea on friday, and would echo most of the comments on here.

its really cheap and you get lots for your money!

on the more critical side.... i felt the chicken was not the best quality meat and the hot and spicy dishes were not that hot and spicy !

but if you are looking for cheap quick and cheerful - then you can't go too wrong here.

• 3 months later...

Went here on Monday night for the first time.

Food was good, and plenty of it, for a very cheap price. Menu was a bit limited. Service was decent. Bill came with 20% off food (not drinks), so it seems that offer's still on.

Not somewhere to impress a date, it's more like a cafe than a restaurant, but great for somewhere to get something cheap, filling & pretty quick.

The only downside was the area - we had a few people knocking on the windows throughout our time there - waving their bottles of meths at us... which detracted from the experience.

I prefer Sakushi for Japanese food, but that's probably more due to my liking of sushi & sake than anything being wrong with Tokyou, which is aiming for a different target market.

• 1 month later...

anybody else worry?? if they are charging very cheap prices for big meals? they stil have to make there money? so what do they buy in?

i agree with all the nice things said. was quick, tasty, big, but i just worry about what im getting for my few pound?

anybody else worry?? if they are charging very cheap prices for big meals? they stil have to make there money? so what do they buy in?

i agree with all the nice things said. was quick, tasty, big, but i just worry about what im getting for my few pound?

It's the same everywhere though. I doubt they're buying anything in, but everything will be frozen, including the seafood, and defrosted when the order comes in. Most ingrediants are cheap imports from Vietnam and so on.

You're best just doing what I do, find a stretch of sand and stick your head into it. :thumbsup:

Two bits to update the thread with - not sure if they've stopped taking card payments or if the machine was just out of order a week or so ago. If you're planning going, might be an idea to have some cash just in case.

One of our party ordered some duck, it took over an hour. Even I can defrost and cook a bit of duck in less than an hour, it may well have been fresh and not frozen.

Archived