Tokyou - New Noodle bar

there food is terrible!!!!!!

its just big plates of noodles/ rice which cost hardly any money with little meat. they dont even do a proper roast duck its prepacked frozen duck. if you want a decent meal head towards noodle inn or yuen shan (got a cheap lunch menu 5 pounds meal + drink)

Their food isn't that bad. And I've always found the meat-to-veg ratio really pretty good. You might think Noodle Inn is better (but I'd actually disagree) but for people wanting lunch at the Tokyou end of town it's not really an option.

I Take back everything i have said about this place. 1st time i went it was ok but i questioned how i could have a duck fillet and rice for only £3.20. I understand this place is there to fill a hole rather than to enjoy but still!

I have just been in town today and went for a some food at tokyou. For some reason it seemed to smell like a tent inside? then we ordered cokes, apparently they missplaced the bubbles on the way to our table, if i was going to be given flat coke i would rather just have water. Then i ordered the same as last time a roast duck with fried rice, this time they misplaces the duck? It was just duck fat and i dont mean fatty meat i mean just fat, luckily i dont mind duck fat but its not exactly what i ordered. My friend had beef something and it looked ok but he was not happy, i tried the beef and it tasted like donnar meat. Once again i dont mind donnar but i would of gone for a kebbab if thats what we wanted. we questioned it with the waitress and where greated with an 'i dont understand' look even though she could speak perfect english when we came in. Really disapointed after last time i went it seem good value. Will definatly not be lazy and walk the 100m to wagammama or sakushi if i want some Japanese next time or for chinese Harmony just off west street is still my favourite.

i think this is a perfect example of start as you intend to go on, obviously they where selling good stuff to start but have dropped there standards.

still £3 for a meal, no matter what its still better than Mcdonalds etc.

Went there last week on the basis of such good reviews on here and will definitely be going back. Had a set meal and part of fun was figuring out what was on the plate, well worth the fiver it cost. Only grumble was that my OHs coke was flat nut was made up for with the green tea. If you're up for real chuckles, try and fugure out where they got the translations from for the menus.

A 9/10 for me, and the 20% discount offer was STILL on when we went.... (wonder if it's like a dfs sofa, sale never stops?)

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived