Is it just me that doesn't have the slightest interest in the Olympics?

I'm pretty sure the Olympics and those wanting to watch it will be grateful if a bunch of po-faced, miserable oik's didn't attend and kept their malaise to themselves rather than trying to spread it around.

Well this miserable po-faced oik is leaving the over-excitable, easily pleased, hypocritical flag waving chattering classes to their tedious and monumentally expensive sports day.

just had a delivery of flags from china....well made....and will do a bundle down in london....queens celebration and the olympics...they will be flying out...

Yeah. Well I hope they're official merchandise and you're an official supplier, otherwise the commitee will be on to you.

Well this miserable po-faced oik is leaving the over-excitable, easily pleased, hypocritical flag waving chattering classes to their tedious and monumentally expensive sports day.

There is middle ground Jim, i'm not nestling down in front of the TV, neither am I bothered that it's gone a few quid over budget. It's taking place regardless.

Typical British attitude , put your country down at a time like this, you were all delighted when England won the bid, now listen to you lot, I bet if the Brits won most of the big events you would all be full of praise for your country all of a sudden. :roll:

I wasn't delighted when we won the bid, but I bet Seb Coe was.

I was glad we got the bid but was concerned about the costs. I have become more 'anti' now as the government has gone WAY over-budget, whilst telling the 99% of the country that they must tighten their belts!

Genuine question..how much of the "way over budget" is down to decisions taken by the Tories compared to contracts signed by Labour?

Genuine question..how much of the "way over budget" is down to decisions taken by the Tories compared to contracts signed by Labour?

I think the point is that before we won the bid Labour's back of a fag packet calculation was that it would cost £2.4bn and most people thought that not unreasonable so backed the bid. As soon as they won the bid they admitted it would cost more and it went up to £5bn and then quickly up to £9bn and who knows where it will end. It was a typical Labour sleight of hand to win favour for a spendthrift vanity project.

The bulk of the cost was the construction and those contracts were in place under Labour. Extra money has been put into security and I believe the opening/closing ceremonies have had more money thrown at them.

Archived