Is it just me that doesn't have the slightest interest in the Olympics?

So what's wrong with all those people making money :huh:

Exactly.

Have you forgotten when we had our sports day, The World Stupid Games? People were making money hand over fist weren't they? Well, except the tax payers of course. We're still paying for it.

What's the difference between "Worldwide Partners", "Official Partners" and "Supporters"? The amount of money they have put up?

I am already boycotting BP, changing my energy supplier from EDF, stopped using my Visa card and I don't do Coke or McD anyway. Giving up Cadbury's is going to be hard.

Shouldn't we be glad private companies are putting money in to the games? Surely the more money they pay, the less the taxpayer has to stump up?

Shouldn't we be glad private companies are putting money in to the games? Surely the more money they pay, the less the taxpayer has to stump up?

Private companies like Lloyds TSB who were bailed out by taxpayers and BP who had a little oil leak off the Gulf of Mexico recently yet they have the funds to sponsor the Olympics.

I wonder what criteria sponsors use in deciding the corporate benefits of handing over large wads of cash so their name will be seen everywhere.

Archived