Is it just me that doesn't have the slightest interest in the Olympics?

You say the UK may I point out it is London 2012, not Leeds, Sheffield Manchester or Inverness it is bloody London.

The last time I checked, London was in the UK.

The BBC News is what it says News not wall to wall coverage of the Olimpics there is plenty more going on in the UK and the World.

The Olympics is news, to suggest the biggest sporting event the UK has hosted for decades shouldn't be reported in full is ridiculous.

Again, perhaps you could define what you think qualifies as "news"?

I'd be interested if we were in with a realistic chance of winning anything. Same goes for Wimbledon. You could even include the football World Cup as well, but the difference is we always start as one of the favourites for that.

I think it would be far more interesting if they combined the events.

For example...

Swim for 100 meters, clamber out onto track, run for another 100 with vaulting pole in hand, pass the pole to a team mate like a batton, run another 100 (with hurdles), pole vault at the end of the track, but instead of landing on a crash mat land in another pool, swim for 100 meters, grab a javelin upon exiting the pool and throw to the left before running 50 meters and finishing it all off with a triple jump into the sand pit.

Brilliant viewing.

Isn't that the Decaflon

• 2 months later...
I'm not sure 'we' all fell for it. When I saw Coe and that toothy bird (she won a minor award once, so natch she's been made a Dame) jumping around as if we'd actually beaten France for the privilege of going a few more £Bns in debt, it was obvious that a few 'careers' would get a boost.

And the Beeb will be determined to inflict wall-to-wall coverage, when the vast majority couldn't care less.

I can see the headlines already:

'Record viewing figures...'

'Gallant but tearful Ennis got bumped into sixth place' and

'Entire Nigerian Speed Skating team vanish at Heathrow.'

You read it here first.

Wrong,wrong,wrong.

Oh dear Tory Boy!!! Don't you just love it when right-wing zealots get egg ALL over their face!:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::D

I'd be interested if we were in with a realistic chance of winning anything. Same goes for Wimbledon. You could even include the football World Cup as well, but the difference is we always start as one of the favourites for that.

Interested yet?

I have not watched any at all until 8:59 last night for 2 or so minutes, I watch Sheffield's pride & joy Jess Ennis, then turned off, it would have been so wrong to miss her get gold

Your waiting for the main event are'nt you? for the football season to start, where there will be really top notch sport on display from the likes of Sheffield United. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived