Is it just me that doesn't have the slightest interest in the Olympics?

If the BBC aren't showing you the amount of news you desire, you can always vote with your finger and watch ITV / Sky / RT on Freeview, or any of the multitude of news channels on Sky which are showing news at 6pm.

It's not a case of the BBC "not showing the amount of news I desire", they are failing in their duty as a broadcaster to show news. 4 lads were shot in Liverpool last night (although nothing new there) but its barely had a mention.

If it had been in London or the Olympics not on there would have been rolling coverage live from the area.

There are plenty of channels to show the Olympics - almost 30 - so there is no need to alter BBC News 24 to be yet another Olympics channel.

There are plenty of channels to show the Olympics - almost 30 - so there is no need to alter BBC News 24 to be yet another Olympics channel.

Except a) the games are the biggest story at the moment, and b) the BBC are the only people able to broadcast more than 6 minutes of footage a day in the UK, so are naturally taking advantage.

Considering the amount of money (well) spent on the rights, I'd expect them to get as much use of those rights as possible.

Because the news channel provides the news for BBC 1, they will also have been waiting for the cycling to finish. And GB winning gold is news, so instead of running a headline sequence they may have to abort at any point, they decided to show some news live.

Yes, it's far from ideal, but it only went on for 10 minutes, it's not like they scrapped the news completely for two weeks.

The News progamme I watched (Freesat Ch 200 BBC News) (at about 1300, AFAIR) had 30 minutes of Olympics, followed by 4 minutes of News and Weather and then back to the Olympics.

Hardly a big deal If I really want the news, I can get it elsewhere.

I can honestly say I haven't watched ANY Olympics whatsoever! I think it great that we have won so many medals and how well Jessica Ennis has done but as for actually WATCHING any of the games then I'm just not interested.

Obviously interested enough to state...and I quote "I think it great that we have won so many medals and how well Jessica Ennis has done"

Come on, admit it, you risked one eye didn't you!!:hihi:

Obviously interested enough to state...and I quote "I think it great that we have won so many medals and how well Jessica Ennis has done"

Come on, admit it, you risked one eye didn't you!!:hihi:

NOPE! I can assure you all I've done is read about it and heard it on the radio news.

I haven't WATCHED any of it at all - neither have I watched any news programmes which may contain anything to do with the Olympics.

My TV viewing has been extremely limited since the onslaught of the Olympics.

Oh and I only know the name Jessica Ennis because she's from Sheffield but to be honest I couldn't name another medal winner!!

It was a folly from the start; my heart sank in 2005, when that bloke said " . . . LonnDonn "

and mine. :roll: The truth is, nothing else is happening in the world, there is a 12 year old girl missing in London, and she's barely had a mention in the media.

I'm so glad there is this thread, I just got a bollocking from another poster 'Grannyannie' or something on another thread berating me for not getting into the spirit of things, and that it'll be something to show in 50 years time & say 'I was there'. I did say in my defence that I was glad our athletes are doing well, but that I would not be dictated how to feel

I was beginning to feel like the only one!

Archived