Is it just me that doesn't have the slightest interest in the Olympics?

This is the kind of thing that we as a species need to be celebrating.

congratulations to NASA. The fact that there were no more than 200,000 viewers, out of a planet of more than 7 billion, watching live on NASA TV is sad. It's events like this that are little jewels of what we're capable of achieving together when we're not killing and stealing from each other, ruining livelihoods and destroying our environment.

Can you pick up NASA TV where you live?

It's not in the Channel line-up around here (Southern Germany.)

(Thanks to Quisquose's link, I got it from the Internet feed.)

That's the link I used to watch the landing.

When I'm in the US (and I live about 10 miles from Cape Canaveral) I can watch NASA TV On Channels 49 & 144 (analogue) and 1230 Digital HD. - It's fairly popular.

NASA TV Is available where I live and no doubt it's also available near JPL, but I've no idea how many other TV providers carry it. 200,000 viewers may be a tiny fraction of the possible number, but it could also be a significant percentage - depending on how many people can receive NASA TV.

I doubt that the people at JPL arranged for the landing to occur in 'prime time' TV (:hihi:) but it occurred at about 00:30 in Florida (and 07:30 here) so that may have reduced the number of viewers a bit.

would be interesting to find out how many people can actually pick it up round the world .

it is a satelilite broadcast .

when I 'm at sea we can pick it up just about anywhere on the planet via ASTIS......or INMARSAT

btw were they useing them when you were in the airforce?:)

Well well well, it would appear that the Olympic Games WILL cost us more than stated. Started at £2.5 billion, but was quickly revised up to £9 Billions. Dear Lord, last figure is now £24 billions, I hate to say I told you so, I'm just surprised it's only £24 Billions. To think some were sold on the idea "The Games will make money" aye, look out a flying pig has just gone by.

Phil*

You are definitely not the only one. I can tell you about two people who feel the same about Olympics, one is my colleague from London who booked holidays to Canada with his Canadian wife to fly a day before the Olympics start and return a day after they finish. Second is myself !

Archived