Is it just me that doesn't have the slightest interest in the Olympics?

You're not exactly comparing like for like there are you?

No, just making the point that the London Olympics is as irrelevant to Sheffield as an event in Sheffield is to those in London.

We will get a handful of people using our facilities to train before the games (which happens on a regular basis all year round anyway), any tourists to London aren't going to visit Sheffield during the games - I'm not sure what "preparation" people think Sheffield needs to do?

I'm sure a few Sheffield schools will have "Olympic" themed sports days and the like, but that would probably happen were the games taking place in Paris/ Madrid/ Rome etc.

Getting ready for Olympics, we are still paying for the !*#$#*! student games :rant:[/

Correct!! and the students are still playing their games on west street just about every night, our future doctors who in time will be in their surgeries telling people not to drink or smoke, and how come they can be barristers ect when they get a criminal record for drunk and disorderly, like that distugusting fool that urinated on the war memorial, he will end up in a good job, just typical, spoilt brats.

Guest busdriver1

I think the OP was asking if we are going to swot up on variious olympic sports and pastimes and pretend for the duration of the games we actually give a toss.

Archived