Is it just me that doesn't have the slightest interest in the Olympics?

I'm fed up already of this Olympics, seeing all the money squandered on it, the disruption to peoples every day lives as well as their homes and communities.

I'm fed up of all of the spiralling costs, the fact that its signifying the North South divide further when it comes to investment, but now I have another bee in my bonnet about it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4247374/Olympic-fury-as-84-brof-gifts-made-abroad.html

So all of the spiel about it is good for the economy is not turning out to be a load of (all blue Union flagged) 'pants'.

The idea the infrastructure said to be brought into community use is in shambles and now the industry that was said to gain from the event is now being side tracked for profit.

WOW how dumb are we, the British electorate that thought this crack pot idea was going to be beneficial to the country ?

I say we all sit it out, tune into the discovery channel, don't buy tickets (if you could have...) and don't buy sod all of the merchandise or volunteer to steward the event.

Its turned into a joke for us, we just fell for all the hype as usual in this country. There was no way we could ever live up to the China games, but as ever we try to portray ourselves above our station.

'We're all in this together' when it comes to footing the bill, yet only a handful get to see the return as they reap huge profits.

What is real scary is the masses could now make the infrastructure and give the amenities for so few humans to be able to wipe out the rest and enable them to survive.

Yes I know I am talking some Twilight Zone stuff here, but the billionaires and their cronies are now in a position to 'inherit the earth'

Where as for thousands of years we have been led to believe it would be the 'meek' that would do so.

Anyone else thing that the masses have been led a wind goose chase, or is it just me... ?

Now in this world there are a few thousand that are rich enough to drop on the rest of us something that will wipe us out while they are immune or can get out of the way long enough to live on, the Mega rich would the @inherit the Earth'

We are just pawn it seems, our rights and democracy has been high jacked in order to be able to make the few Elite.

The God of Adam must be sat back saying 'I told you so'.

Its turned into a joke for us, we just fell for all the hype as usual in this country. There was no way we could ever live up to the China games, but as ever we try to portray ourselves above our station.

I'm not sure 'we' all fell for it. When I saw Coe and that toothy bird (she won a minor award once, so natch she's been made a Dame) jumping around as if we'd actually beaten France for the privilege of going a few more £Bns in debt, it was obvious that a few 'careers' would get a boost.

And the Beeb will be determined to inflict wall-to-wall coverage, when the vast majority couldn't care less.

I can see the headlines already:

'Record viewing figures...'

'Gallant but tearful Ennis got bumped into sixth place' and

'Entire Nigerian Speed Skating team vanish at Heathrow.'

You read it here first.

For a country on the precipice of entering a double-dip recession (personally I think we've been in recession for at least 5 years), the fact that the government - this and the last - can squander £20 billion on 'bat and ball' is scandalous and frankly disgusting.

As usual, London will probably benefit in having plush new sporting facilities which the hard-up won't use anyway.

Still, it'll be high fives, pats on the backs and jolly good show for the politicians and chums come summer.

I have no interest in the Olympics whatsoever and never have had. I have no interest in Sport so have no intention of watching any of it. I can't see the games benefitting me at all. As for BUYING anything to do with the games well that's just laughable. I have better things to spend my money on. All I can be sure of is that during the games WE will be having to pay a lot more for everything!

I'm not sure 'we' all fell for it. When I saw Coe and that toothy bird (she won a minor award once, so natch she's been made a Dame) jumping around as if we'd actually beaten France for the privilege of going a few more £Bns in debt, it was obvious that a few 'careers' would get a boost.

And the Beeb will be determined to inflict wall-to-wall coverage, when the vast majority couldn't care less.

I can see the headlines already:

'Record viewing figures...'

'Gallant but tearful Ennis got bumped into sixth place' and

'Entire Nigerian Speed Skating team vanish at Heathrow.'

You read it here first.

I guess it's being so cheerful that keeps you going!:hihi:

Archived