I Want A Train Set!

Years ago I had a mate.

Yes! I actually have friends that arent corpses!

Anyway, in a spare room in his house he had a huge railway layout. It was on a big table with the middle cut out of it so he could stand and control his trains and stuff, and he proudly informed me that he could have twelve Count `em! TWELVE trains all running at the same time and hardly ever crash them!

Ever since I was a kid I wanted a railway layout, and now Im old and farty and live in a house with more than one spare room, and have lots of cash to spare, thanks to my OH being loaded and me being a gold digger, I think its time I started a new hobby and yes, poppets, a train set would be perfect!

At least I THINK it would be...

I remember my friend taking LOTS of flak from work colleagues because of his train set and when arguments got out of hand, the first thing they would say to him was "Oh go and play with your trains, you sad old fart!"

That wouldnt bother me though because I AM a sad old fart and quite proud of the fact, so...

Do YOU have a layout? Tell me about it....

My brothers had the most enormous railway lay out ever. I was forbidden from touching it :( It was so big, that it wasn't kept in the house. Dad had a garage and shop and upstairs were loads of rooms, he rented some out to a printer and others to a doctor, and in one was the trainset. My brothers had to go down the lane to the garage to play with it. Then there was the big petrol crisis of the 70s and he lost the business and we had to sell up, move house and even sell the train set! :(

When you're bored with totty there's nothing like a train set:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/editors-choice/2007/10/24/rod-stewart-s-train-set-dream-comes-true-86908-19999645/

ROCKER Rod Stewart has fulfilled a lifelong ambition - by appearing on the front cover of a model railway magazine.

Experts said the 62-year-old singer has created one of the best train sets they have ever seen.

Archived