I Want A Train Set!

Sounds like a plan, im starting small....n gauge ......im going to make it in sections....first being 125cm by 80cm (thats how big they sell the wood in B&Q) and start with a 4 platform station + an extra underground section platform......and be loosely modelled on kings cross.....the scary thing is the station will take up about 3/4 of the board lol....even in n gauge :)

Theres an uncle of the OH who lives in one of the little villages in Leicestershire - and Ive only just found out about this- and he has a train layout that fills a room, then fills another room that he had built especially for it, then goes out into the garden where it circles a couple of ornamental ponds before going through several tunnels in a rockery he made and heading back into the house...

Six years Ive been with the Oh, six bloody years and she KNOWS how obsessed Im beconing with this subject and shes only just mentioned it.

Women. Eeeeeeesh.

Im going to have to pay this bloke a visit in the very near future!

Its pretty much the same as Bude.. The only things missing from mine are the the cross over into the loop before the Station which i'll use the fiddleyard for and the Gas works/Canal wharf siding, plus the Engine shed is pushed back a little..

I certainly hope its interesting to operate :lol:

Cheers

Andy

is this a world you want to get into REALLY jabs?

Does anyone know where there is a website which has an image of kings cross, ie a plan of the platforms and tracks etc......

go to http://maps.google.co.uk and search for Kings Cross, Tottenham, Gt Lon, United Kingdom and click the "satellite" button to see an overhead view of the station. Not much use if you're planning something in the 50's and 60's though.

There's a chap building one in 00 scale, see http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cxP_N78ZVpQ

Archived