Best Sheffield Nightclub (Past or Present)

slimsid2000

Best Sheffield club - past or present  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Best Sheffield club - past or present

How come you regular use this as a measure of how good a club night is? I've seen you refer to this time and time again on here. I would personally avoid any club that regularly attracted "celebrities" like the plague. (Although I do agree with some of your other points).

Jive Turkey never attracted many celebs and that was my main choices also the Palais back in the day. :huh:

A super club should attract celebs to be fair, never did Studio 54 or Ministry any harm.

All this reminiscing about the old days is great. Sheffield has had such a sound clubbing past. Its heritage and tradition runs deep. Its such a pity that right now theres very very little. Sure Plug is fighting the good fight and Nylon/Redroom and to a lesser extent DQ but realistically there are very few really good nights or venues

Even Cairo Jax, a commercial club had some kind of flavor due to the soul room. Its ironic that just about 85% of the old school played today by Sheffield djs on West St is incidental and replicates the Jax room back then. The scene now is very poor musically in comparison, no matter what you are into.

Archived