Best Sheffield Nightclub (Past or Present)

slimsid2000

Best Sheffield club - past or present  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Best Sheffield club - past or present

Its already been open for over 50 events over the past 2 1/2 years and every time has been wicked, so thyey will just be improving on what was the best in the first place

(Thanks for your moral support)

Lol

With all due respect 2.5 years is not long and also What is the flag ship night to make this club so legendary. I am all for bigging up but please keep it real....

PS, I am all for supporting your club, but you cant spurt off your the best in town yet, when you havent even opened, or on past history.

As I understand it - the cost of getting it ship shape again would make it prohibitive for most folk to consider.

Yup. We went to a free party there last NYE, upstairs seemed ok but downstairs was an absolute wreck apparently.

Still, if I win the lottery...

Last Halloween and NYE with Dub Central cant say how many where in due to legal reasons but it was proper rammed In Bed with Space, Secret Sessions, and Off THE Rails were some of the better nights.

Old Arches was fantastic but its full of Asbestos

We are trying to extend our lease extended down at Shush because we really want to give the venue a good run and please remember we are only a venue available for Hire its up to the peeps of Sheffield what goes on there, we only put on a night if no one books the place Agent ****, if you fancy putting somthing yourself, if you feel you have got th pulse of the Sheffield Scene bring it on , very reasonable rates !!!!

Maybe not world reknowned but the Kay Gee Bee when it held it's all nighters for Northern Soul had people coming from all over the country and one of the DJ's Nev Wherry was a regular, most northern soul fans will recognise his name.. The rock bights grought people up from Nottingham and Barnsley was fairly well represented. The mod nights certainly brought some strangers to the city if the accents were anything to go by and to this day I don't know where on earth all the people came from who frequented the reggae nights.

Oh and in the ballroom dancing competitions we had judges who were exttreemely well known and I'm sure I met a reigning champion couple in Tago who came to give a demonstration, amongst others.

My first all nighter there back in 1976 ...

As for Nev Wherry ... R.I.P ..

...if you fancy putting somthing yourself, if you feel you have got th pulse of the Sheffield Scene bring it on , very reasonable rates !!!!

Once a few events have gone off with no problems, maybe it's something we can look at for a few one-off events we have in mind....

It s all there and lets face it everything else in Sheffield at the moment is ' A CONCRETE BUNKER WITH CURTAINS UP' and if you do want to book an event do not stand on the side lines at present saturdays are fully booked until april 2009 not bad for a club that aint even open ! nuff said. fridays are available from december for ballroom and caves Shush bar is available any day except saturday lol

Archived