Best Sheffield Nightclub (Past or Present)

slimsid2000

Best Sheffield club - past or present  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Best Sheffield club - past or present

The music was rubbish, the bouncers were too heavy handed, the bar service was too slow, and it was too big to find your mates again once you'd spent 45 minutes trying to get served.

Apart from that I quite liked it :)

Good for lust though.

Flower dance floor? Crazy daisy disco?

No this had a .. an unusual name... its goig to drive me mad trying to remember it now...

It was.. the place if I remember rightly was on one of the streets that start across from the ...the city hall?

Remember Pippys shop? Parallell to the moor? That road,,, up near the top...

Theres smoke coming out of my ears now....

There used to be a pub called the Barleycorn with another pub right next door to it.. that road, the ... the one that was on...

Good for lust though.

I dunno - I was a 19 year-old living in a 700 student hall of residence when I was going there - it was just like where I lived but with terrible music really.

It seemed that most Tuesdays in first year all of Ranmoor House went to the Roxy.

No this had a .. an unusual name... its goig to drive me mad trying to remember it now...

It was.. the place if I remember rightly was on one of the streets that start across from the ...the city hall?

Remember Pippys shop? Parallell to the moor? That road,,, up near the top...

Theres smoke coming out of my ears now....

There used to be a pub called the Barleycorn with another pub right next door to it.. that road, the ... the one that was on...

Casbah? ...................... or it might be the pub with the revolving dance floor... I've been to a couple of mod nights there ... erm forgotten old names ,,, it's had loads.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/60/6003/Cutler/Sheffield

picture of it

Casbah? ...................... or it might be the pub with the revolving dance floor... I've been to a couple of mod nights there ... erm forgotten old names ,,, it's had loads.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/60/6003/Cutler/Sheffield

picture of it

It could be that... As I say, I was always hideously drunk, but the dance floor was tiny, youd be lucky to get three people onto it.

When I used to go it was all new romantic and we used to pose like grotesque shop window dummies.

I was always the odd one out though because I was a Numan fan and usually wore a black suit, black shirt, red tie and belt.

And VERY pointy shoes!

I remember going in there one night and the doorman asked me if I had a young lady with me tonight... I said no and he said "Well shall I get you one?"

I said "NO!" and he said "Well, what about a nice young man then? I can get you one of those if thats your pleasure tonight....?"

I dont think I went back after that...

I remember going in there one night and the doorman asked me if I had a young lady with me tonight... I said no and he said "Well shall I get you one?"

I said "NO!" and he said "Well, what about a nice young man then? I can get you one of those if thats your pleasure tonight....?"

This is the club for you slimsid! ;)

Archived