Best Sheffield Nightclub (Past or Present)

slimsid2000

Best Sheffield club - past or present  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Best Sheffield club - past or present

I think it's also fair to say that BED was pretty amazing, despite the occasional off-night.

Although Bed didn't have the global identity, to me it was more the 'SuperClub' simply because of the wider range of it's audience i.e. House Music!

I agree they were ground breaking clubs - but they are not known around the world like the republic was.

I know people who came over from the states, canada and even austrailia and had to come to the republic.

These clubs paved the way for the likes of Gatecrasher and set the standards. Love2be was attracting celebrities week in week out and put Sheffield on the map way before Gatecrasher.

Jive Turkey was getting people from all over the country back in 88 - 90. It was Sheffields first true super club so it deserves its recognition.

The Palais and Music Factory continued where Jive Turkey left off and took it to the next level. One thing was for certain and I am sure most of the people will agree for nostalgia J.T, Palais and Music Factory (Love2be) were musically Sheffields best credible nights without doubt.

These clubs paved the way for the likes of Gatecrasher and set the standards. Love2be was attracting celebrities week in week out and put Sheffield on the map way before Gatecrasher.

Jive Turkey was getting people from all over the country back in 88 - 90. It was Sheffields first true super club so it deserves its recognition.

The Palais and Music Factory continued where Jive Turkey left off and took it to the next level. One thing was for certain and I am sure most of the people will agree for nostalgia J.T, Palais and Music Factory (Love2be) were musically Sheffields best credible nights without doubt.

Not forgetting Rise and Trash.

Does anyone remember TramStop? The (illegal?) afterhours parties on West St - above Oxfam of all places!

Not forgetting Rise and Trash.

Does anyone remember TramStop? The (illegal?) afterhours parties on West St - above Oxfam of all places!

Rise and Trash were cool clubs in there own right but they were not superclubs. Love2be were having a list celebrities in there regularly as if it was on the westend of London.

Also the numbers were no where near Love2be or the Palais (Jam Factory or Compulsions) due to them having a smaller capacity. I remember Todd Terry New Years Eve. There was a queue literally at 7.30pm

Love2be was attracting celebrities week in week out

How come you regular use this as a measure of how good a club night is? I've seen you refer to this time and time again on here. I would personally avoid any club that regularly attracted "celebrities" like the plague. (Although I do agree with some of your other points).

Archived