La Tasca- Formally Known As La Vina, Eccey Rd

verona

I love the atmosphere of this place for having a drink. However, the wife and myself decided to have some food this time round and the sevice was terrible. Food was okay, but not great. When I order cheesecake, I expect the base to be crunchy as described, not like a soggy sponge.

Anyway.

It took three people to serve us. One to take our order, one to bring the food out and then someone else to take the dessert order. Problem is, apart from being a complete waste of man power and money, one foot doesn't know what the other foot is doing. We didn't get the drinks we ordered, which is where chains like this make their money, and with three staff to serve each table, boy they need to make money, because with the set up they have at the moment, they are bleeding coin.

I personally think it needs a change of management. The current managers have been there from day one and to be honest, they couldn't care less.

Such a shame, because it could be so good. But that's what you get from a chain restaurant, there's not actually one single person that does give a S**t.

The only thing that has changed is the menu I think it is not as extensive and a little dearer that's all . And by the way they are not the same managers as when it first opened ,thre was one manager who will remain nameless but staff and customers alike where glad to see that one go !!!

I've been a couple of times when it was La Vina and was underwhelmed both times. The food was OK, service slow and the staff gave the impression they didn't care. Perhaps it's all centrally run and the staff have no freedom to do anything.

I wholeheartedly recommend going just around the corner from there to the Mediteranean restaurant on Sharrow Vale Rd. This locally-owned place sells similar food, of better quality with good service - they care about their customers unlike the chain place.

Yes I even saw a real Spanish person working there! That makes a change. You wouldn't go to an Indian and not see an Indian so why are these Tapas bars full of Eastern Europeans that don't even know what Chorizo is? because no Spanish person is fool enough to contend with the weather here! Why bother coming here when the sun is over there?

Archived