Best DJ in Sheffield?

dilly

Originally posted by mjlacey21

It's difficult to get money out while wearing gloves so it could get embarrassing if there were a lot of people at the bar and one person was fumbling around for their money. They might spend the rest of their life traumatised by the memory of all those eyes boring into them as they frantically tried to separate a 50p from a pound...

or another reason maybe

Maybe its because you can hide stuff in them? *shrugs* Although pockets are pretty good for keeping stuff in too... :confused:

Originally posted by mjlacey21

I've met people that can keep up to eight fingers and two thumbs in a single pair of gloves before!

Scary stuff.

Now that would explain it. Clubs, don't want people smuggling hands past the door.

Best DJ in Sheffield ? That bloke with the laptop at Reflex Bar (monday nights) whose so good he looks like he's falling asleep (tek it from me - all part of the act). He knows how to get the crowd going. The rest are just self-indulgent bores.

Gloves not allowed ? First time i've heard that one before. Good job someone's doing it, i'm sick to death of going to club's full of people in gloves.

Scarves though ? What's all this nonsense with scarves in clubs ? Everyone hiding love bites or sumut ? Won't feel the benefit...

Door codes are kool. Like "Dress to impress" - who ? Why ? F-ck off ! I've come out to have a good time and i'm paying so you impress me !!!

"Sorry mate you should've made more of an effort" - how can they possibly tell how long it's taken me to get ready and what has happened since then ?

"Got to put yer coat in the cloakroom" - why ? Search me by all means but if i want to wear my coat in the club why can't I ? I might have put the wrong t-shirt on or I might be cold..

My favourite ones from personal experience:

Bed (about 6 years ago didn't even wanna blimmin go anyway)

"Where have you come from ?" (answer: er, sheffield)

"What part ?" (answer: Firth Park)

"sorry not tonight"

"Yer ok but yer mate's got ginger hair" (Ministry of Sound, London)

"You can wipe that f-cking smile off your face else your not coming in" ??!?!?!?!? (Zap, Brighton)

"Not tonight. No food" (after eating a bag of crisps before joining a queue)

"Sorry mate. Come back next week" (Po Na Na, with my records about to go and play, sober)

Keep em comin'.....

Archived