Family doctors of years gone by

Dr. Rouse on Taptonville Road - was a one-man band with that familiar old-style radiator in the waiting room.

Yes, we went to Dr Rouse, he saw me through all the usual childhood diseases - I seem to remember him dishing sweets out to cheer me up!!! .... then he retired and we were transferred to the surgery at Nethergreen

Yes, we went to Dr Rouse, he saw me through all the usual childhood diseases - I seem to remember him dishing sweets out to cheer me up!!! .... then he retired and we were transferred to the surgery at Nethergreen

Spot on Carol. I became a patient of Dr.Forster at Nether Green but it was on my way to "the office" at High Storrs School so I didn't mind as I could get an 8.30am slot.

Spot on Carol. I became a patient of Dr.Forster at Nether Green but it was on my way to "the office" at High Storrs School so I didn't mind as I could get an 8.30am slot.

Chairboy,do you remember the S & E Co-op on the corner ar Nether Green? I worked there as a 14 year old,and moved to the new Fulwood store a couple of years later. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since those days,a hell of a lot. The war changed my life greatly.

Blitzer.

Chairboy,do you remember the S & E Co-op on the corner ar Nether Green? I worked there as a 14 year old,and moved to the new Fulwood store a couple of years later. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since those days,a hell of a lot. The war changed my life greatly.

Blitzer.

No sorry, I think Carol and I are talking late 70's. I know the Fulwood Co-op but can't place the one at Nether Green. At Nether Green, I recall The Stirrings restaurant, a bric-a-brac shop and eyes usually focussed on the Hangingwater lights! I'm very much post-war.

Late 70s would be about right......

We saw Dr Radley at Nethergreen - was it a double practice - Forster and Radley????

Late 70s would be about right......

We saw Dr Radley at Nethergreen - was it a double practice - Forster and Radley????

Absolutely, I'd forgotten Dr. Radley (cricket name as well) and I think she was my doctor. I think it was one of my colleague/friend who saw Forster.

Chairboy, yes I'm afraid I'm talking 1937/9, The last time I was in Nether Green must be at least 10 years ago. The old Co-op store was a restaurant,so your description of the old site tally's. On the diagonal corner was old folk's houses - I think I would qualify now!