70sheffieldlad uploaded new video and link to photos Please take a look

detrius

Hi All

Well its been a year since i last uploaded to youtube and a long time since i have been on the forum.

Recentley went back to Attercliffe where i was born and shot some black and white film.Had the idea of capturing it at its best in grainy monochrome as it would have been years ago.

I have uploaded the images to my flickr account.Please take a look

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29203777@N04/

Also please take a look and a look at my youtube videos

http://uk.youtube.com/user/70sheffieldlad

many Thanks

Andy M

Enjoyed the pictures DETRIUS. A few weeks ago I asked a couple of questions on the 'Attercliffe' thread, I wanted to know if 'Salmon Pastures' still existed? I was born in Grimesthorpe and everybody went to Attercliffe at sometime or another, either to shop, worked in a factory there or near there or just plain going for entertainment and recreation. It always intrigued me as a kid that salmon would come to spawn into the heart of industrial Sheffield. Anyway my question went unanswered, so I put it out there once again, is Salmon Pastures still around in name only or long gone due to new development or pollution?

Hi Fleetwood

Thankyou for your comments.I did see a sign when we went by the five weirs walk.saying salmon pastures.and my dad remembers it and said that it was there too.Its near to the photo of the railway axle.

Thanks

Andy M

Hi Billy Casper

Thanks mate,seems like along time ago i started.but i certainly havn,t finished yet.only had a short time back to get these pics.but it has given me ideas for more videos

Cheers

Andy M

Archived