"Thank You" from The Runaway Girl

Runaway Girl

We went on Sat night and had a great evening.

Really smart interior and calm atmosphere.

Friendly helpful staff although we did keep getting asked "is everything alright"? which can be a little annoying.

If something wasnt right we would tell you!

Great cocktails , can recommend watermelon martini (needs a bigger measure for £ 6 though!).

Starters were delicious , between us we had garlic sauteed prawns , pate and salt beef.

Mains pretty good too , sausages & mash were excellent and the salmon was a massive fillet which my wife struggled to finish.

Only two puds sampled, pear tatin was very nice (although came with a miniscule dollop of cream) but thought chocolate fondue was a bit cheeky for £ 4.50 - only came with marshmallows , some fresh strawberries etc would have been nicer.

Had a bottle of house red and white at £ 12 each which were very good and great value.

Total £ 120 inc tip for 4 which is not bad value.

2 bad points , we asked for 4 waters which never materialised , better to just give a jug of water when people arrive in my opinion.

We forgot to ask again and by the time we remembered the meal was nearly over so we just left it.

Also mains didnt come with any vegetables , now it cant cost much to give a bowl of fresh seasonal veggies and it can really make a difference.

Only very minor niggles though.

Will definitely go back.

Much better than a recent (more expensive) meal in Artisan which has really gone downhill in terms of food and service...

Richard smith needs to concentrate on what is going on in his main business rather than empire building...

Heh, I remember we (7BT) played quite a few gigs down there last year, sad to see the live events fall to the waistside. Good luck with your culinary direction. For the record The Runaway Girl always looked after us food wise, cheers for that guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived