Just moved house - unwelcoming neighbour

If you have an aging parent, get them in the garden, ply them with sherry and sit back and enjoy the show!!

You can borrow mine, she's 86 and deaf as a post but will not wear a hearing aid so all communications have to be carried out at 90+ decibels. Oh and she's on medications that can make her a bit random and is rather fond of cop shows on the telly [also at earwax melting volume]. I'll bring her round anytime you like :hihi::hihi::hihi:

PS she's also a champion at sarcastic remarks also delivered at volume.

• 5 years later...

Sounds like a nosey cow to me, building an extension that looks across other peoples gardens...? - maybe to be nosey and watch what other people are doing so she can find problem and complain at every little thing, because she has nothing else better to do?

I moved house last week to a lovely bungalow after 4 years in a flat. On Monday, my brother came round to do some bits and pieces, including putting a rotary airer in the garden.

Within seconds, my doorbell rang and a woman was ranting on my doorstep about not wanting to look at my washing out of her kitchen window - I didnt know who she was, where she lived or anything but she was almost abusive. She had obviously been watching everything that was going on from her place 3 doors away. Sh has a weird kitchen extension with a picture window that looks sideways up across everyone's gardens

I was completley taken aback - she suggested impractical places to put it and said how ridiculous to have a garden as nice as mine then put washing in it!

Silly me took it down but now I am sooooo angry that she could turn up, not even introduce herself, not even say welcome to your new home and make me feel like some sort of idiot for wanting to dry my washing outside!

Any thoughts anyone, is a rotary airer a carbuncle on the gardens of Beauchief?

I feel she could turn into a real harrasser (if that's a word) and am really quite upset

Just erect a very tall fence with the words F.You painted on her side

Archived