Just moved house - unwelcoming neighbour

Woke up this morning full of resolve and saw the blooming rain! Praying for sunshine so I can peg out. Watch this space..............

I'm still watching this space Sazz..!!!... :hihi:

Sod the rain and sod her.. Go on, hang it out anyway..

I'm in suspense here to see if she says anything..:hihi:

Woke up this morning full of resolve and saw the blooming rain! Praying for sunshine so I can peg out. Watch this space..............

Never fear! According to the Met Office:

Today:

Outbreaks of rain may be locally heavy at first but it will brighten up through the morning with sunny spells this afternoon. Some places may then stay dry but there will be a scattering of showers which may be heavy. Maximum temperature 19 °C.

Tonight:

A mostly fine evening, just a few showers, then dry overnight with clear periods and perhaps some mist or fog patches later. A cool night. Minimum temperature 8 °C.

Friday:

Most place having a dry and fairly warm day with some sunshine but there will be a scattering of showers in the afternoon, these most likely over Pennine regions. Maximum temperature 20 °C.

So it looks like you'll be able to put the old bat's nose out of joint later today or tomorrow :hihi:

I moved house last week to a lovely bungalow after 4 years in a flat. On Monday, my brother came round to do some bits and pieces, including putting a rotary airer in the garden.

Within seconds, my doorbell rang and a woman was ranting on my doorstep about not wanting to look at my washing out of her kitchen window - I didnt know who she was, where she lived or anything but she was almost abusive. She had obviously been watching everything that was going on from her place 3 doors away. Sh has a weird kitchen extension with a picture window that looks sideways up across everyone's gardens

I was completley taken aback - she suggested impractical places to put it and said how ridiculous to have a garden as nice as mine then put washing in it!

Silly me took it down but now I am sooooo angry that she could turn up, not even introduce herself, not even say welcome to your new home and make me feel like some sort of idiot for wanting to dry my washing outside!

Any thoughts anyone, is a rotary airer a carbuncle on the gardens of Beauchief?

I feel she could turn into a real harrasser (if that's a word) and am really quite upset

My deeds say I cannot hang washing out. But i have a rotary airer and use it, bugger anyone else, no one has complained but if they did I'd tell them to but out tbh..... its either use that or a dryer, so as far as I am concerned the former is better for the environment etc....

I would say to your neighbour: 'please address me in a polite manner otherwise I will end this conversation'. Then proceed to tell her, you will continue to use the rotary airer and if she has any complaints to write to you and you will seek legal advice then sort this out. (this will scare her off and she'll shut up and put up - hopefully)

Another good wind up is to discuss loudly with a friend the installation of a series of sheds and pens at the bottom of your garden so you can take cats in for the Cats Protection League. Go out with tape measures and clipboards, really make it look like you intend to house over 30 cats down there.:hihi:

Or, if you have pretty tree's, start getting quotes from tree surgeons. You don't have to back it up but it will be good to see the look on her face.

For the icing on the cake do you know anyone that would loan you one of the big trampolines with the huge netting cages around it?:hihi:

Archived