Tinsley Cooling Towers a sad end anybody be there to film it ???

detrius

If you want to make history you can text Towers to 82085 and enter the draw to set off the flare which begins the countdown to demolition - all proceeds will be shared to two local charities Neurocare at the Royal Hallamshire and Rotherham Hospice. There is a book and postcards on sale at Meadowhall and these funds also go to the two charities - Meadowhall are also opening their car parks on the morning for anyone wanting to watch

So come on - enter the spirit - to some of you they may be lumps of concrete but to others they signify you are home - Lets hope they put something in their place - they removed the bull from Avesta - now the towers. At least their passing is doing something good for the charities

Hi All

Exc responce.Glad they are doing something to comemorate this historific event:P

I shall miss them next time i,m back up to Sheffield.Getting my Dad to tape the event on calender and post down to me.Yes i know i,m mad :loopy:

Wish i could be in the car park in Meadowhall for this.

Maybe they should get all the undesirables in the area and strap them too it..Have a few down here if you run out :D

lets hope theres something good to replace them

Best wishes

Andy M

Hi again,

On Forum items for sale look under 'seeyoujimmy' he asking if anyone is interested in merchandise regarding the towers.

Lots of interest around here - we all met up last night and we are going to be at Meadowhall on Sunday, we are taking the cameras and videos .

Dont know whether we will be able to get home as they are closing our way of return.. We will see the towers go in style. :thumbsup:

Hi Beaubon

That would be good.Look forward to seeing some video.Merchandise would be good as long as it not 10,000 + original tower bricks on ebay lol:hihi:

Cheers Bud,Hope its a good felling:o

Andy M

Archived