What ever happened to Diana Maiden?

Dinah Maiden came from Rotherham, and she married sportswriter Benny Hill, who was on the Barnsley Chronicle for some years (he's a Barnsley FC fanatic). Dinah and Benny met and came to Sheffield on the old Sheffield Telegraph. She was a features sub editor. Then, after she left there, she went into local radio as a sort of part-timer. Benny must be over 80 now, and Dinah may not be too far behind. I think they still live in Sheffield, somewhere in the Lodge Moor area.

I remember Dinah Maiden of Radio Sheffield but can't remember the years she worked there. Wasn't she part of the weekday breakfast show at some point?

Yes, Diana Luke is a different presenter but she has also been on Radio Sheffield in recent years although I remember her more from her days at Viking Radio (Viking.....96.9 FM Stereo!) in the late 80s.

She was on radio sheffield a fewweeks ago , what a change she made to that station!!! Its so male , I used to listen but now listen to radio 2 , My boss was listening to radio sheffield told me he had heard her.

• 1 year later...
Dinah Maiden came from Rotherham, and she married sportswriter Benny Hill, who was on the Barnsley Chronicle for some years (he's a Barnsley FC fanatic). Dinah and Benny met and came to Sheffield on the old Sheffield Telegraph. She was a features sub editor. Then, after she left there, she went into local radio as a sort of part-timer. Benny must be over 80 now, and Dinah may not be too far behind. I think they still live in Sheffield, somewhere in the Lodge Moor area.

I have just heard the news that Benny Hill, the former journalist, has died at the age of 82.

Archived