Wheelie bins and maggots

any one had problems with maggots in their wheelie bins, we have ours cleaned every time the bin is emptied, but still have loads

and so do the neighboughs

it is since the fortnightly collection servive, and the warm weather..:gag:

how do you get rid of em, any help please

any one had problems with maggots in their wheelie bins, we have ours cleaned every time the bin is emptied, but still have loads

and so do the neighboughs

it is since the fortnightly collection servive, and the warm weather..:gag:

how do you get rid of em, any help please

Collect them,sort them and sell them to the fishermen,nice little side earner

We have a garden composter and all the waste food that attracts flies goes into there and when its hot the maggots climb up the wet insides of the composter and collect in the lid and stick there in the moisture.

All I do then is take the lid off, hold it over the fish pond and hit it. The maggots all fall into the water and the fish love them, its like a tank of pirhanas when they all start feeding at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Ive got maggots in my bin too :gag: Ive just been out to try to fit another bag in .... and there they were, squirming around ........ bloody fortnightly collections !!! Ive just attacked the bin with Raid fly killer. Thankfully it'll be emptied and cleaned on tuesday ....... but its horrid now!!!!

yak i know my bin is same maggotts are vile. I get my husband too take mine work and use jet wash on it haha. That gets rid of the horrid things.

I have it cleaned on the day its emptied, jet wash and some lovely smelling disinfectant by my very nice wheelie bin cleaner, however that doesnt stop maggots for the 2 weeks its standing with decomposing left over food in it :gag:

Archived