Phil and friends cycle ride

I did the above on Sunday, 100k or 65 miles on my mountain bike pulling my 5 year old son on the connected tag-a-long over the biggest hills in Derbyshire for charity and enjoyed the experience.

Did any body else do this ride and if so how did you find it.

65 miles is about the mostl I've done on my own! I have taken my daughter (4 next month) out lots in one of the seats that fits on the back but never more than 30 miles and even then she normally falls asleep! How do you keep your boy awake?

Let me know if there are any similar rides in the near future as I wouldn't mind having a go.

65 miles! bloody hell id get tired doing that in the car never mind on a bike. I would like to your start cycling though i hear its very good exercise. Just one Q - does it make legs go all muscly? I ask cos i wouldnt want this to happen to me. Since i began driving i put on about a stone cos before i had it i walked miles. I knew i would put on weight but it was just so tempting having a car there. EVIL car. Its a good job it doesnt have power steering - at least my arms havent got any bigger.

Originally posted by kittykat

Q - does it make legs go all muscly? I ask cos i wouldnt want this to happen to me. [/b]

Women always ask that! ;) You tend to find that only women who train VERY hard/obsessively (whatever the sport or exercise) go "all muscley".

Cycling is a great way to lose weight though. I started cycling again when I moved to Sheffield about 6 weeks ago after a lazy, boozey 9-12 months, during which I put on loads of weight. I now cycle to and from work and a little a weekends - about 100-130 miles per week I guess. I've also cut back (a little!) on the booze and as a result I've lost 10lb already. Who knows... another couple of months and my six pack might return after a decade missing in action! :D:banana::headbang:

My legs are very muscley because i train exesively hard but just riding your bike at an easy pace you won't have that problem, though you may burn off any fat which will make your legs look leaner rather than big.

That can't be a bad thing can it.

• 7 years later...

Archived