Phil and friends cycle ride

Didn't do today's ride but I've ridden it for the previous 4 years, doing the long route ( 90 miles i think ) I love the climb up Holme Moss. Winnats Pass is always a leg breaker, even more so after a good 50 miles in the legs.

Yes I did it a few years back in the rain,the long route and realised I was not as fit as I thought particularly looking at some of the others taking part.

I can only usually do winnats about 50% of the time without stopping and thats just comming from sheffield. ;)

I'm full of good intentions... I'd like to do the Phil and Friends, but after the ride I did on Saturday I think I might have to train harder...

I'm not cycling to work any more, which means I'm a little out of condition. Still, I did 70 miles (according to my speedo!) with panniers on the back and I'm not really sore.

Maybe next year will be my year for the challenge ride, if it's not clashing with something else (which has been a problem in the past)!

I find the key with long rides like this is to take it slow if you do then it can suprise you how far you can go,however a problem I found with this ride when I did it was when you do go slow you often find youreslf on your own and navigation becomes an issue as it was not very well signposted.

Still its a great ride just make sure you research the route first!

Archived