Overweight people on air flights

Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance

• Allowance should include passenger and lugage
    • Allowance should ignore the weight of passengers

Are you suggesting that people should have to pay twice for the same seat? It'd be fair only if I got two seats for my money. Then I could stretch out and not have some random smelly stranger next to me .... what bliss! That would be fair, imo.

Or they could find a skinny little person to sit next to the fat person and the skinny little person gets a reduced charge ... that'd be fair, as well.

eta: just read the link and it's not even double. I'd pay the extra just to be able sit on my own .. what a bargain.

This has always seemed reasonable to me.

Or at least sort-of-reasonable anyway.

Apart from the fact that its horribly prejudiced against taller people. At 5foot, a guy at 14 stone is overweight. At 6 foot 3, they're certainly not. Why penalise the second guy and give restrict his luggage when he's in good shape?

more weight on an aircraft means more fuel for the airline so more expense so yes passengers who are obese should be charged more but there should be a scale in relation to height and if the passengers huge muffin top:gag: extends over the neighbours seat area then they should have to pay for two seats::roll:

it's nearly double (extra 75%) as they wouldn't be paying taxes on the 2nd seat..

as un-popular as this is on human rights ground etc, it seems justifiable if someone takes up enough room due to being of what they consider to be excessive weight. as the amount of fuel/power needed to fly safely relates directly to a full plane filled with people of up to XXXkg

Archived