Overweight people on air flights

Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance

• Allowance should include passenger and lugage
    • Allowance should ignore the weight of passengers

They won't have to pay extra for being fat - they can delude themselves that it is because they have too much luggage. As I've said, I would imagine the limit allowing for the person to weigh a proper amount, plus luggage.

Do you think long jumpers should get extra legroom free? And sumo wrestlers should get two seats free? Or is it only sportsmen you fancy that I should subsidise? ;)

Why would a fat person be humiliated? Most overweight people i know say they are proud of their body...in which case...pay for it! Why should i not be able to read an in flight magazine cos a lardy got on?

BTW...it really gets me when I plummet 10,000 feet in 3 seconds because some pie muncher went to the front toilet..

Because some people, e.g Jonny Wilkinson, has to look like that for a living and its not fair that he should get charged for it? I think having muscle, and having fat are two different issues, but either way I feel it would be ridiculous to introduce a scheme like this, as women especially, are already very self concious about going abroad and getting into a bikini and baring all, so why humiliate them in the beginning by telling them whether they will have to pay extra as they are too fat?

He could pay for his weight, but not have to pay extra for size. Only the lazy heavy people would have to pay for two seats.

or an alternative could be to have an operating table in the room at the back of the travel agents, wherein liposuction and nip & tucks could be performed to ensure all fellow travellers didn't overspill their seats.

or they could be vacuum packed at check in - although that would only help with spillage - they'd weigh the same.

Your idea is better.

Why would a fat person be humiliated? Most overweight people i know say they are proud of their body...in which case...pay for it! Why should i not be able to read an in flight magazine cos a lardy got on?

BTW...it really gets me when I plummet 10,000 feet in 3 seconds because some pie muncher went to the front toilet..

this could shock them into losing weight or make them comfort eat

They should have seating for overweight or tall people, so everyone is comfortable. I don't think people should be discriminated against because they are large or tall, and so provisions should be made to ensure they are allocated suitable seating. Aircrafts should make the seats suitably large enough, so that most people are comfortable although this will never happen.

Archived