Overweight people on air flights

Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance

• Allowance should include passenger and lugage
    • Allowance should ignore the weight of passengers

Well i'm sure you aren't the smallest person in the world, so should people who are thinner than you pay less? Where does it stop?

Yes, they should pay less. It should be charged based on the total weight of passenger and luggage.

They could have cut-outs of people that you have to fit through to get a certain fare, like they do with letters and letter-boxes ?

Or maybe a picture of a grinning cartoon elephant no more than 50cm wide with a sign saying "You must be this thin to ride" like they do at kids' amusement parks.

If weight is such an issue then why aren't passengers weighed before takeoff and charged accordingly?

I can remember watching a American fly on the wall program about a airport, they were picking out the seriously over weight people, or people of size as they called them:D, they had to pay for two seats.

Nick2 have you ever tried getting those seats ?

Book early and pay the price if you really want one.

Book early and pay the price if you really want one.

If people are prepared to pay extra for a comfy seat (or at least one you can get into) then you would think they would have more of them, and make more money.

I remember a programme where an American airline wouldn't let a man fly because he smelled too sweaty. Perhaps we should test for ponginess too.

And then we could test for anyone wearing last season's collections.

And fake tan.

And ................gulp...........................alcohol dependence. No right forget it. We'll stop there!

You've not read my posts on this thread then?

Indeed I have (it was a joke) but being tall or being male is not something that anyone has any control over so it is unfair... It would be like charging based on IQ. There could be an argument for using BMI to decide fares but that would be a bit unfair because then you are charging people for being fat rather than being heavy.

Archived