Overweight people on air flights

Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance

• Allowance should include passenger and lugage
    • Allowance should ignore the weight of passengers

By 36 weeks the baby will weigh 6lbs and the placenta about 1lb - so you might weigh a stone more than usual.

Do you live on Planet Ryvita? I've yet to meet a pregnant woman that wasn't like a house on legs ;)

Actually this should be called the Tight Fisted Moaning Thread because you only get the measly baggage allowances on cheap scabby airlines like Ryanair, if you pay more and go 1st you can get away with an extra dozen pairs of jewel-encrusted Gucci knickers in your Hermes bags, plus a more commodious seat, what what. :hihi:

The baggage allowance is just a way of saving and raising cash - less staff needed to load the plane with bags full of crap and more saps to get a few bob out of if they exceed an arbitrary sum, because nobody's gonna leave that suitcase full of straw donkeys, cigs and ale in Benidorm airport.

Having a few Bernard Mannings onboard won't make any difference to a plane being able to fly - a 747 has a maximum takeoff weight of something like 400 or 500 tonnes. I guess not too many people with much knowledge of Physics or dodgy business practice take flights these days then? ;)

Do you live on Planet Ryvita? I've yet to meet a pregnant woman that wasn't like a house on legs ;)

Actually this should be called the Tight Fisted Moaning Thread because you only get the measly baggage allowances on cheap scabby airlines like Ryanair, if you pay more and go 1st you can get away with an extra dozen pairs of jewel-encrusted Gucci knickers in your Hermes bags, plus a more commodious seat, what what. :hihi:

The baggage allowance is just a way of saving and raising cash - less staff needed to load the plane with bags full of crap and more saps to get a few bob out of if they exceed an arbitrary sum, because nobody's gonna leave that suitcase full of straw donkeys, cigs and ale in Benidorm airport.

Having a few Bernard Mannings onboard won't make any difference to a plane being able to fly - a 747 has a maximum takeoff weight of something like 400 or 500 tonnes. I guess not too many people with much knowledge of Physics or dodgy business practice take flights these days then? ;)

Well that saves waiting for the loo. How wonderful!

I just googled it!

This story was written in the aftermath of the plane crash I mentioned earlier - the one where the cause was that the plane was overloaded due to the passengers being overweight.

Little Buzz - you're talking about teeny planes here, not airliners that need tow trucks to move them.

Well that saves waiting for the loo. How wonderful!

And no more clambering to the aisle over Jimmy Five Bellies while giving him a look up your skirt either! :thumbsup:

Little Buzz - you're talking about teeny planes here, not airliners that need tow trucks to move them.

It's the passengers that need tow trucks to move them that are relevant - bigger planes just mean more passengers, so if all the passengers are on first name terms with their local baker it could be a problem regardless of the size of the plane.

It's the passengers that need tow trucks to move them that are relevant - bigger planes just mean more passengers, so if all the passengers are on first name terms with their local baker it could be a problem regardless of the size of the plane.

Not unless it's a charter flight for the Meat and Tater Pie Convention. ;)

Mmmm, where do I book?

Couldn't agree with you more. Now with postage, you have to pay on weight and size. Why not an aircraft, these two factors affect the fuel usage.

First you are weighed with baggage and you have a limit of x, you either get a cheaper fare for being below the limit or a more epensive on for being above. Then a charge per seat. Take up two seats pay extra. Two people on one seat, pay less.

I can envisage a tour company called AnorexiAIR offering super discount fares for the light weight passengers. Not only will they save on fuel for the airline, that fuel saving means they don't need so much fuel on board at take off thus saving more fuel again.

Archived