Overweight people on air flights

Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should passenger weight be included in bagage allowance

• Allowance should include passenger and lugage
    • Allowance should ignore the weight of passengers

I'd love to see a weigh in of passengers introduced

It could be like a boxing match where if you fail to meet the target weight including your bags, you dont make the flight

Imagine the fatties having to run a few laps of the departure lounge to burn off a few pounds before their final weigh-in wearing just their underpants

By 36 weeks the baby will weigh 6lbs and the placenta about 1lb - so you might weigh a stone more than usual.

I guess for a lot of people who are a healthy weight that would mean they could easily get within my suggested 120kg limit (average weight of a woman in the UK is 65kg apparently, so an extra stone (6.5kg) still leaves 48kg for luggage, which is more than most people could carry!)

If the woman in question weighs more, why shouldn't she pay towards the extra cost of moving her?

You make a valid point. The average pregnant woman is still lighter than the average man and so that wouldn't make a difference. What does make a difference are the huge man mountains that seem to be becoming more common these days.

For the record the world's heaviest man weighs 560 kgs. That is well over half a ton and a good 440 kgs more than your suggested 120kgs.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00iWfI21Gl0nE/610x.jpg

You cannot be expected to sit next to such a person in an airline seat and it wouldn't take many people of that sixe to seriously affect the takeoff weight of a plave.

I'd love to see a weigh in of passengers introduced

It could be like a boxing match where if you fail to meet the target weight including your bags, you dont make the flight

Imagine the fatties having to run a few laps of the departure lounge to burn off a few pounds before their final weigh-in wearing just their underpants

It surprises me that the idea of public humiliation is so popular on the forum. Its all smacks of playground bullying to me. I have long thought that bullying children get their ideas from supposed grown ups....

You make a valid point. The average pregnant woman is still lighter than the average man and so that wouldn't make a difference. What does make a difference are the huge man mountains that seem to be becoming more common these days.

For the record the world's heaviest man weighs 560 kgs. That is well over half a ton and a good 440 kgs more than your suggested 120kgs.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00iWfI21Gl0nE/610x.jpg

You cannot be expected to sit next to such a person in an airline seat and it wouldn't take many people of that sixe to seriously affect the takeoff weight of a plave.

What's a plave?

Your argument is starting to sound a bit thin. The chap you are referring to is not a frequent flyer, as you seem to think, and in fact rarely leaves home. He has greater problems than how to get into an aircraft seat and it's in extremely poor taste of you to use him in this discussion.

What's a plave?

Your argument is starting to sound a bit thin. The chap you are referring to is not a frequent flyer, as you seem to think, and in fact rarely leaves home. He has greater problems than how to get into an aircraft seat and it's in extremely poor taste of you to use him in this discussion.

I think not. The chap shown might not be a frequent flyer but there are plenty of people of half his weight that are. That's still 280 kgs. or 44 stone if you prefer.

Would you be happy if someone of that weight sat alongside you in a cramped aeroplane. A simple yes or no will do fine.

It surprises me that the idea of public humiliation is so popular on the forum. Its all smacks of playground bullying to me. I have long thought that bullying children get their ideas from supposed grown ups....

But obviously not their sense of humour

Now, what about women who are pregnant? Do we need to start charging the baba's dadda for some of the excess weight, as it takes two to tango? And post-pregnancy, when most women still have some baby weight and enormous boobs, do we need to start thinking about setting up direct debit accounts for the baba in whose honour those boobs have filled out?

:)

Or should we consider that some passengers on a plane might nnot be able to fit through the emergency exit and their inability to get around the cabin can cause a serious handicap to that pregnant woman if an emergency occurs.

Archived