Radio Hallam or Radio Sheffield 80s/90s?

Sheff2006

Which was the best station in the 80s and 90s - Hallam or Sheffield?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the best station in the 80s and 90s - Hallam or Sheffield?

• Radio Hallam
    • Radio Sheffield

ray stewart,stuart linell,keith skues,the legendary roger moffat,martyn kelmers late phone in,dave kilner...........hallam by far the best radio station.

I agree with all the above.I remember Linnell getting called a c##t on the football phone in by an irate caller which led to the 5 second cut out being added.

I remember Moffat being attacked after he suggested Elvis Pressley should be stuffed and put on display in the foyer back in 77.

Kelly Temple was a total prat.

amanda charlesworth corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Amanda Charlesworth was soooooo great with her voice! She did the 'Charlie's Enterprises' programme on Sunday nights 10pm-2am (i think!) and included the 'Magic at Midnight' feature which was half an hour (or maybe even an hour?) of uninterrupted records.

Other great presenters were Dave Kilner (it's high time for the David Kilner show...turn him on again!), Howard Pressman (his Radio Hallam Countdown programme Friday 10pm-2am and Saturday 10am-12pm was the best as he used to play the 12" versions of some songs - Ive met Howard Pressman btw), Keith Skues (Sunday 10am-12pm brilliant show! Had a request played on there if I remember rightly).

Even the 80s Radio Hallam jingles were great. There are lots available online somewhere if I remember rightly.

Can anyone supply full programme listings for Radio Hallam circa 1986-1989ish? My memory is a bit vauge even though I listened to the station such a lot during this period.

Who did the weekday breakfast show before Dave Kilner started at 9am?

Was there really a programme on Sunday mornings called 'Bacon and Biggs'?

Who did the Saturday breakfast show - I seem to think it was Dave Kilner before Howard Pressman at 10am?

Im sure that Dave Kilner ended the drivetime show each evening with the Benny Hill theme tune.

Archived