Wartime reservoir protection pylons

Wartime reservoir protection

Recently a Lancaster bomber flew over Derwent reservoir to celebrate dambusting 55 years ago. That made me recall that several of Sheffield's impounding reservoirs were protected against similar attacks by large pylons supporting a set of cables with concrete weights to prevent low flying planes coming along the valleys. I now wonder-when these were erected ? If early, the Germans might have seen them and also built protections -if after our dambusting raids then it must have taken months to erect them so Germany might had time to do the same to us . So-when were these erected and does anyone have references to any information about them or photographs of them?

(I know that Germany might not have been able to emulate the bouncing bomb but clearly uk authorities were worried enogh to build protective pylon systems)

I was sent over an edition of "Peak District Life" from back home in Bamford the other week, celebrating the 85th anniversary of the dambusters raids. :loopy:

It's not difficult really is it....

The raids were in May 1943, 85 years?

Sounds like the books authors need some more fingers and toes :hihi:

Archived