The Leadmill - Worst Ever Queue Organisation.

Lestat

Went to the Leadmill last night ( Monday ) and got there pretty early as didn't want to queue up for too long. We weren't even that far back, about 10 yards from the main doors Well, we waited...and waited....and waited... exactly one hour later we had got to the front but would not be allowed in.

I asked the bald bouncer with the beer gut why we weren't being allowed in, his reply was that the people with texts who'd phoned were being let in first. Fair enough, but when theres no-one in their queue and you're dragging girls off the street, who are just getting out of taxi's to come in - it looks abit bad to everyone who's been stood queueing up in normal line for the past hour!!!

When there was no-one left to drag off the the streets they put a chain up in front of us and started chatting up the girls with the Red Bull bags and asking each other who wanted a free can!.. WE WANTED A DRINK - BUT INSIDE!.. I again asked the Umpa Lumpa's on 'Security' duty and also asked the 'Duty Manager' who didn't know what she was doing and quickly scurried off. To add insult to injury - they then started shouting people down from the queue up near where people smoke to come in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never have I experienced such abysmal staff with no idea of what they're doing and the organisational skills of a group of stoned monkeys. That was the first time ever in 10 years of going to the Leadmill that I walked away disgusted. The line behind me looked equally unimpressed and I wouldn't have been surprised if most of them left too.

Went to the Leadmill last night ( Monday ) and got there pretty early as didn't want to queue up for too long. We weren't even that far back, about 10 yards from the main doors Well, we waited...and waited....and waited... exactly one hour later we had got to the front but would not be allowed in.

I asked the bald bouncer with the beer gut why we weren't being allowed in, his reply was that the people with texts who'd phoned were being let in first. Fair enough, but when theres no-one in their queue and you're dragging girls off the street, who are just getting out of taxi's to come in - it looks abit bad to everyone who's been stood queueing up in normal line for the past hour!!!

When there was no-one left to drag off the the streets they put a chain up in front of us and started chatting up the girls with the Red Bull bags and asking each other who wanted a free can!.. WE WANTED A DRINK - BUT INSIDE!.. I again asked the Umpa Lumpa's on 'Security' duty and also asked the 'Duty Manager' who didn't know what she was doing and quickly scurried off. To add insult to injury - they then started shouting people down from the queue up near where people smoke to come in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never have I experienced such abysmal staff with no idea of what they're doing and the organisational skills of a group of stoned monkeys. That was the first time ever in 10 years of going to the Leadmill that I walked away disgusted. The line behind me looked equally unimpressed and I wouldn't have been surprised if most of them left too.

He once let us stand at the front of the queue for two hours, bang next to him until eventually (for about the 5th time asking) he said we probably wouldn't get in. Only reason we lasted so long was because my gullible mates made us. I hate the bouncers at leadmill absolute d***s. The bulldog looking one's definitely the worst though.

Terrible door policy, terrible music policy, the Leadmill is just blah nowadays. Its come a long way from what was envisioned for it back in the day. Such a shame! I guess thats what they need to do to bring in the punters i.e. make it look busy on the outside and appeal to the lowest common denominator in musical taste.

Ah, but if you've not been for ages, how do you know? :P

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I just looked on the website actually. I see they still have Royale and Shag on the go.

Featuring music from Basshunter and Darude.

Brilliant.

All they need to do now is bring Planet Earth back.

I like the bouncers at the Leadmill. They are always alright with me and at the end of the day they've got a job to do that I wouldn't want.

Try being nice to them - a bit of civility goes a long way.

I'm always more than civil. It may have something to do with owning a pair of wabs....:huh:

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I just looked on the website actually. I see they still have Royale and Shag on the go.

Featuring music from Basshunter and Darude.

Brilliant.

All they need to do now is bring Planet Earth back.

Yeah the disco's crap. But Soulfly last night were amazing. And the local lads that supported them were good as well - While She Sleeps.

Archived