Yorkshire writer Allyson Bird.

Allyson Bird

The small press are flying the flag and fighting against the hogwash of greedy big outlets and celebrity writers! Mind you - places like Amazon, who also want a hefty slice are putting them out of business as we speak. Putting me aside for the moment - quality is in the small press with wonderful writing, beautiful paper that doesn't go brown etc..

Allyson were you on Radio Sheffield this week ? I meant to catch it, but missed it.

I'm just starting the build up for radio and newspapers. Need to spend more time on it tomorrow. Dearne FM (Barnsley) will feature me for the Halloween month of October in some form - my work plus the history of supernatural and horror fiction for the last 2,000 years (believe me I can be concise) through Shakespeare to to Wuthering Heights ( who can forget the scene where the child has her wrist pulled over the broken glass window pane) to the 20th century. I do library talks - or I'll just go for it with a good old fashioned ghost story or a modern adventure in China - not sure.

Archived