I need fancy dress ideas!

rachel marie

its my 18th birthday on the 1st sept, and we always go out in fancy dress for birthdays..

but this is kind of getting expensive, can you give me ideas of things we could probly make at home or buy cheaply...stupid ideas are the best as im fed up of looking like a hooker when we go out!

i have the idea of painters and decorators but i know people that have done this and i would like something really original!

please help!

Why not try a random theme, the colour green, badly paid jobs etc?

We had a party in our place where the theme was just the letter R. (I know i shouldn't say this but the guy that came as a re***d (thought better of it) won hands down). lesser thinking people came as rambo, rocky, ronaldo & roller skaters.

Olympics is topical, try that?

Hope you have a good night whatever you do.

Go as Amy Winehouse - I did that last year and it's cheap to do. I bought the wig off ebay for £6 and wore a white vest and skinny jeans, with ballet pumps (that cost £1 off The Moor) and put fake blood on the toes. Then draw on some tatoos.....problem solved!

we had a charity shop challenge. everyone had a budget of £15 for the whole outfit - including accessories. (shoes not included)

It was such a fun day then evening when we all went out dressed up. some people had stellar outfits and some looked like bag ladies. but we got a lot of attention everywhere we went.

I went as Marge Simpson once ..... looked great, used a piece of card to make a very high 'crown' ... then covered it with cotton wool balls and sprayed it blue, covered myself in yellow face/body paint, blue dress from charity shop, red beads. . went down a storm (hubby went as homer) :thumbsup:

I did the Amy Winehouse thing at a Hen party, what a laugh. Also dressed as old women years ago, everything from charity shop was 10p (sale). We had hats, glasses (which we took the glass out of) twin-sets, gloves, hand-bags, even shoes. We looked brilliant.

how about just dress up and look nice?

went out saturday for the first time in a long time and couldn't believe the amount of people 'dressed up' or more appropriately 'pretending to be a builder/bunny/bee/superhero whilst wearing as little clothes as possible'

Archived