Advertising on your own car

I signed up for this a few years ago, I never got my car (wrapped) so to speak but did get a phone call to drive around a brand new mini with the advertisement for the Decathlon on it. There were 10 of us in Sheffield who got to drive these minis as much as possible for a month. The cars were issued to us with a full tank of petrol and we had to return it that way.

There was no catch and it was a genuine offer and came from the same company that I registered my car with.

• 1 year later...

I thought about getting my own car wrapped with the mookau logo, but there are a number of reasons I haven't. Firstly I have an old car which I love, but might not give off quite the right image, secondly it's about £1000 to do the wrap, and thirdly because it would mean being a bad ambassador for mookau if I ever happened to be in the wrong lane or something. Not that that ever happens.

Mainly though I haven't done it because I don't really know if it works. Has seeing a car advertising anything ever persuaded you to buy something?

(Just checked the dates on this, I see it's almost two years old - apologies for resurrecting a thread)

I read that you have to have business insurance if you have this done - not sure as to the veracity of that, but can see insurance companies claiming it.

I have to have insurance for business use anyway because I go to trade shows and occasionally collect things from suppliers - although I have no idea why driving to London to go to a trade show is any more risky than driving to London to see a stage show!

Archived