Need a venue in Sheffield

Earl Grey

Hi,

I'm a newbie here so firstly, hello! Basically I am moving to Sheffield in about a month. I have lived in Sheffield for 2 years, lived in Birmingham for the last 12 months, and I'm returning to Sheffield to complete my degree from September.

I'm an experienced DJ and promoter. During my year in Birmingham I set up a monthly club night which went very well. I play deep underground house music. Promnoting it was hard work in brum, but it went very well overall. I held my night at the Bulls Head in Moseley; a really nice pub, with a function room upstairs for about 130 people. In my time in Sheffield I never found a venue like this; a cool helpful venue which wasn't too big and therefore reduced the riskyness of promoting the night. I'm expecting to pull a good 200 people a month (pull-in should I regrettably say!!). A few weeks ago I DJed with The Littlemen and they confirmed what I thought many years ago; there is a real deep house scene in Sheffield, and I can't believe that so little is being done about it. I've got some pretty big names all interested in playing, I just desperately need to find somewhere!

I want to avoid the obvious routes here; so no to DQ, the Harley.... I want to unearth a good venue as opposed to becoming "just another promoter" at an already exploited venue. I'm hoping for a 3 or 4am license. Any ideas?

Cheers

Bar Shush will be opening in around 6 weeks time and will be available for hire every night from then on however it is in the same building as club Shush so there is a good chance of hooking up with our club promotor to provide stand alone night or a rotating 1st and second room scenario pm me

Archived