Sheffield Half Marathon

Guest simon710

There is a training group specifically set up for this. Tuesday nights at Don Valley. The group meet at the bottom of the indoor straight in the stadium. they meet at 6.00pm.

Yep I'm training for it at the moment.

Just come back from a run to fox house then back via Owler Bar.

Great Weather for a change last time I did it got caught in a blizzard !

This thread is well worth checking out at runners world

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?UTN=50413&URN=6&dt=4&srchdte=0&cp=1&v=1&sp=

I ran my first half marathon on sunday in 2hrs 3 mins (but it was off road). My legs still hurt. I think I will do another one, but may wait a while - 10k is so much nicer!!

As for training advice, mine went a bit to pot as I got injured, but I'd suggest doing longer runs at the weekend and a few shorter ones during the weekend. If you can do any speed training/hills this will also help (especially the hills!!)

a few mates and I are training in Tinsley on Monday & Thursday evenings. We've got a 2.5 mile circuit that we do a few times and so we can knock it on the head early if we get too tired.

W're looking at going out towards Ulley at the weekend so that should get us some hill trainig in.

Yep I'm going to be doing it. Have missed two training sessions this week though!!!

It'll be my first half marathon, so I'm a bit nervous. I was very pleased with my Lord Mayor's time though so if I can keep up the training it should be fine (any body else do that race?). And I'm told that for people who train in and around Sheffield, the course will seem pretty flat... :thumbsup:

If there's anyone wants to join a running club, send me a PM and I'll put you in touch.

I did the Lord Mayors 10K - that was my first race and i enjoyed it! I was pleased with my time.

Hope to do a good time in the half but have had to miss training all this week due to a bad cold - its always such a pain when you go back after even a week of missed runs! Hope to get back on track (haha) for May.

Archived