Where does the overflow at Ladybower go?

dansufc

What? AND? Well? What happened .... you can't just make a statement like that, with no further details :rolleyes:

Come on, tell all! (but don't make it too scarey, ok)

It went for miles, maybe one day ill grow some B***s and walk abit further :loopy: , i may get it on camera.

It went for miles, maybe one day ill grow some B***s and walk abit further :loopy: , i may get it on camera.
I meant, was it empty of water at the time, and was it like walking down a flight of stairs, and was it all dank and mouldy smelling, and slippery with that green algae ... were you roped together ... did you carry torches or flaming brands? Were there scittering and slithering noises in the darkness ahead?

Was there anything like a giant spider crab lurking in the tunnel ,,, anything like that, at all?

When Ladybower was officially opened, there was a stone arched walkway around the plug hole nearest the Bamford Road. Thus, the King and Queen had the opportunity to stare right down the hole into the dark abyss.

Sadly, the circular walkway was removed. One other thing noticeable is that when it was opened the 'steps' leading down the shaft were as they should be, sharp-edged steps. Nowadays they are all worn down and smooth (at the top).

The power of water eh?

Archived