Lowedges- in the 50s, 60s and 70s

hi you say u grew up on lowedges cresent , do you remember ann butler and if so wat became of her, i been trying to trace her for years now

hi moll sorry lived on low edges drive not cres, name rings a bell but not sure, where on cresent did she live.

phl

hi moll sorry lived on low edges drive not cres, name rings a bell but not sure, where on cresent did she live.

phl

hi, she lived bout half way down on the left, she had an older brother called roy? she was born in 1959 and we went to bradway juniors then on to jordanthorpe, cheers

hi i worked at magpie 68-70 frank and vi hemmingway were landlord and lady there were three rooms then big swing doors on the front led into snug where older people sat tap room on the right and concert room on left they used to play musical bingo sunday nights and if you didn't get in for 7-30 you had trouble getting a seat bit different now

• 2 weeks later...
Wrong about that one mate, I knew the Ogdens, Alan Ogden in particular. He lived with a very good friend of mine about 20 years ago and was really good with his fists, as she found out to her cost on several occasions. :nono:

That particular scenario was brought to a close when he was given a good bashing one dark evening by an anonymous assailant who told him it had happened for the last time and that it was better to leave while he still had the ability to walk. He left a week later when he came out of the hospital.

Who was the mystery assailant?

Nobody was ever charged and I could not possibly comment or speculate on the matter. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Really hard those Ogdens!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFPMSL :wink:

i knew the Ogdens. Friends of my family..... i was younger than Jimmy Ogden who was a mate of my brother Bob Barnes......always ok with me.

hi jauntyone

yes i remember buggsy if i remember right his surname was mullryan, i dont remember az or chris morton, but i remember loads of the old crowd who used to go to school at bradway county, jordanthorpe and rowlinson, there were also plenty of girls that used to be around the maggy, mary jackson, rea stockdale (recently been in a bit of trouble) anne barrow, sue ogden, dave o'briens mrs val, joyce peat, carol knowles and barbara white (both from woodseats, strange i can remember the lads names but not so many of the girls, some more lads, kenny cox, jim polfryman, mick, terry and phil hempshall, keith cooper, mick brown, dave hill, ronnie & dennis hill, they lived in maisonette opposit maggy and mick hotchin, we all spent hours around the pub, i even finished up in the maggy on my wedding night. if i can remember any more names i will put them on here,

see ya later

phailig

what became of Mick Hotchin. Did hear he moved to london hotel worker, how true is that ?

• 8 months later...

hi there anybody remember the Wright family,lived on the drive at that time his pop was in the navy. Ian(scot)wright was my best mate he joined the navy went to the falklands his brother alistair was there as well.i knew or heard most of the names that were mentioned earlier.haggis was my brothers age and if i remember correctly he was a real arsehole as was big willy.last i heard he earned his living bashing people for money.I never drak in the maggie though,never liked it, usually drank in the village.