Best Sunday Roast In Sheffield?

deadeyeduck

I'd love to know which pubs you are talking about. Hathersage perhaps for Milestone and Robin Hood - but only "Old House" I know is in Loundsey Green Chesterfield. And "Stag"? - I know several of those. Maybe you intended to keep us guessing?

Stag - Psalter Lane

Milestone - Kelham Island

Old House - Division Street, used to be the Halcyon

Better?

:D

Is that the Robin Hood at Stannington? I've loved it there, but the last time I ate there my meal (risotto) was incredibly salty. They had to bring me a new one. :(

The Stuffing and Gravy were very salty and themeat was really dry. Very poor consideing the other food I have eaten there was excellent. First time I turned up for sunday lunch they had pretty much stopped serving so thought fair enough that it was not the best, the second time was early so no excuse. It was sort of emergency food as I was in a rush so did not bother complaining, just won't eat a roast there again!

Stag is my favourite, the Old house has started doing roast dinnersThe Milestone lunch is good but they are just getting far to expensive. £10.95 and drinks cost a fortune and a friend said it was good but I have not been. and they are not exactly generous with the food. Shame as I used to go all the time. Robin Hood food is excellent but the roast was dissapointing. Most carvery places are naff, great if you want to eat as much as possible but if you want decent fresh food avoid them.

I think the Milestone Sunday lunch is now £9.95 and a pint of Wentworth is £1.85. Not a fortune!

Archived