Is it Rodger and out for the Frog and Parrot

pinkace

Looking forward to new F&P it's had much more of the old feel in the last year or so.

I remember going to this pub when it first opened in 1982......it was by far the best pub in town at the time, really quirky and full of very interesting characters. I think it was painted yellow at the time....briefly...

I remember going to this pub when it first opened in 1982......it was by far the best pub in town at the time, really quirky and full of very interesting characters. I think it was painted yellow at the time....briefly...

I just remember being impressed by the beers! :hihi:

I've liked the fact they've had bands on and the Threads associated nights.

I just remember being impressed by the beers! :hihi:

I've liked the fact they've had bands on and the Threads associated nights.

Yeah back in 1982 there was very little real ale in Sheffield....I think frog was one of the very few places aside from the Fat Cat that offered something other than the early 80's Sheffield stalwarts Tetley, Whitbread, Stones, John Smiths or Wards bitter.....marvellous

Had a look through the window today and it looks massive inside they have knocked the insides right back some one said it was going to have a look like the old house, and they are having an outside area. Still prefer the skanky look tho or is that just the old punky side trying to surface..

It's gonna look very different but still have a feel of a pub rather than a bar, about twice the size, beer garden, and still serve decent beer, I'm excited to see the finished article as the landlord has been working hard on this for ages.

and there'll be a bit on an upgrade on the soundsystem too!!

I know there's a bit of work going into the regular nights there too, I'll be down every Sunday, details to come...

I don't care much what the place looks like, but I would love to walk in and find Reckless, Conqueror and Roger and Out available once more.

It used to be Sheffield's Jewel In The Crown. Wonderful beers and decent company. Why, even the parrot was cute.

went in yesterday and it really does look the frogs boll-ocks (see what i did there??)

anyway it's open properly as of tomorrow, with the Dodgems playing Saturday with True Gentlemen (Paddy Orange's side project)

Then Sunday I'm helping run the new quiz

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25858293837

Bit of Sheffield, Bit of music, Bit of Michael Palin, and some silly games!!

went in yesterday and it really does look the frogs boll-ocks (see what i did there??)

anyway it's open properly as of tomorrow, with the Dodgems playing Saturday with True Gentlemen (Paddy Orange's side project)

Then Sunday I'm helping run the new quiz

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25858293837

Bit of Sheffield, Bit of music, Bit of Michael Palin, and some silly games!!

I saw it through the window today, it looked quite cool actually.

Archived